The purpose of architecture is to optimize the often fragmented legacy solutions into an integrated environment that is responsive to change and supportive of the delivery of the business strategy. Effective management and exploitation of information through IT is a key factor to business success, and an indispensable means of achieving competitive advantage. Architecture addresses these needs by:
GeoComputing Group can improve business performance by aligning the business teams, the business processes, information flows, and technology, across and throughout the organization, with a specific focus on computing environments used by Exploration & Production.
A more efficient business operation
- Lower business operation costs
- More agile organization
- Business capability spread across the organization
- Lower change management costs
- More flexible workforce
- Improved business productivity
Better return on existing investment, reduced risk on future investment
- Reduced complexity in infrastructure
- Maximum return on investment
- Flexibility to buy or outsource
- Reduced overall risk in new investment and the cost of ownership
A more efficient IT operation
- Lower software development support and maintenance costs
- Increased portability of applications
- Improved interoperability and easy system and network management
- Improved ability to address critical issues like security
- Easy upgrade and exchange of system components
Faster, simpler and cheaper procurement
- Buying decisions simple
- Procurement processes
- The ability to procure heterogeneous multi-vendor open systems
- The ability to secure more economic capabilities
Benefits of Architecture
providing a strategic context for the evolution of your compuing environment in response to the constantly changing needs of the business environment.
leveraging emerging technologies, especially cloud computing, whether that be public cloud, private cloud, and on-premise cloud.
Cloud Computing is the Future
Replacing your legacy G&G computing environment with cloud services is designed to be flexible, easy and efficient. It can be done gradually, or all at once. The cloud vendor undertakes all equipment maintenance, software patches, and the daily operations. Cloud computing is especially helpful for SMBs, where vast, scalable computing resources are available near real-time, with a variety of payment models. Cloud computing allows organizations to focus on their core competencies, rather than expending precious resources on IT infrastructure needs.